Site Reliability Engineer Lead
Appvia is an IT consultancy providing industry leading engineering. We transform our clients ability to manage software delivery, by understanding requirements and developing solutions that help drive business value.
One of the core principles to Appvia is company ethos. We have a positive and inclusive culture that ensures a happy team, committed to the quality of our work and who support each other to create a professional business environment. This helps us not only to maintain staff who feel contented and proud of where they work, but also happy and satisfied customers. It is not just our people who buy into our company culture, but our customers too.
- Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: London
- Posted: 15th March 2019
We are looking for someone to join a new growing engineering company as a Site Reliability
Engineering Lead (SRE Lead), who has exceptional customer and people management skills.
The Site Reliability Engineering Lead will be highly technical and passionate about technology,
cloud, automation and engineering. They will understand engineering principles, development
best practices and have an eye for detail around driving product and service metrics that we
provide to customers.
The SRE Lead will possess an intellectual curiosity around technical problems and have a desire for problem solving. They will deconstruct problems and utilise the teams diverse skill set to explore multiple opportunities for the right outcome. We encourage self-direction and will support individuals to explore alternative solutions to help drive a healthy culture of innovation.
The SRE Lead will think of innovative ways to meet customer service requirements that challenge standard ITIL principles and collaborate with the engineering function to drive those changes through our products. You will also be responsible for guiding and mentoring the junior and senior engineers through their career development inline with the engineering strategy, and their career progression in an engineering function.
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver a reliable, performant set of customer products
- Ensure a positive customer experience through feedback and client interactions
- Define and lead strategy and roadmap in relation to business needs and priorities
- Manage individual streams of priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical knowledge
- Manage end-to-end performance, reliability and scalability for client critical platform components
- Drive strategic operational improvements to reduce operational overheads within the organisation
- Manage and maintain the support of multiple platform components
- Be responsible for identifying improvements through automated integrations between systems
- Be responsible for designing, engineering and implementing availability, reliability and scalability improvements
- Manage third-party relationships during support issues as well as stakeholder management
- Challenge ways of working, improve SLAs and metrics, and issue transparency to customers.
- Responsible for guiding and mentoring junior and senior engineers through their career development
We're looking for someone with
- Good understanding of industry best practice
- A passion for new technology and automation
- Enjoys working with teams on resolving difficult technical problems
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and deployment practices
- Great collaboration skills with people of all levels of technical ability
- Great culture and team building capabilities
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On call allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Training and personal development
- Performance Related Bonus
Note: As some of our customers require Security Clearance, you will need to be eligible, this means you will need:
- To have resided in the country for at least 5 years
- Have no criminal records
- Have no financial irregularities